Dentistry is one of the few NHS services where you have to pay a contribution towards the cost of your care. However, you may be entitled to free dental care – for example, if you are under 18 or if you are pregnant or have had a baby in the last 12 months. You may also be able to claim help with the cost of your dental care.
You can go to the NHS choices website for full details of the NHS charges for dental care, and who is entitled to free dental care or help with the costs.
Private and cosmetic dental care
Cosmetic dentistry is not available through the NHS, it is only available privately. In addition to cosmetic dentistry, we also provide private dentistry for some things where treatment is available through the NHS. Private treatment means that there are no constraints on the materials and methods your dentist can offer you.
Your dentist will explain the costs of different options to you and you can decide on the treatment plan that suits you best. To give you a feel for what different treatments cost, our fee rates for private and cosmetic dentistry are:
- Examination from £20
- Small radiographs £12
- Dental hygienist (per visit) £55
- Stain Removal (per visit) £95
- Fillings From £60
- Extractions from £70
- Dentures (plastic) from £350
- Dentures (metal) from £590
- Metal-based crowns from £440
- Ceramic crowns from £500
- Bridges (per tooth) from £400
- Root canal treatment from £210
- Periodontal treatment from £75
- Tooth whitening from £320
- Periodontal consultation (radiographs included) from £130
- Periodontal treatment from £600
- Implant unrestored from £1800
- Implant crown from £500
- Implant consultation £100